News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mudbunny to P19 specs capacitor question

Started by hoodoo, May 17, 2013, 06:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

G'day to all Matt here, i'm putting together a P19 spec'd mudbunny and i have a question regarding the 6n8 cap that is attached to a spdt on/on ? switch. I was hoping someone can explain exactly what is required here. From what i've read there is a single 6n8 and another 6n8 in parallel attached to the switch. Do you solder both the cap and the wires from the switch to the pads on the pcb or all the caps on the switch and the wires are simply attached to the pcb. I'm a little confused as to the setup of this. I was also wanting to know the correct pot values to use, i also read something about the original having capacitors on the pot lugs? Any advice appreciated, thanks, Matt.

juansolo

It's in parallel so the easiest way to do it is to solder the first cap into the board, attach a pair of wires to the legs at the back then trim. Wires go to switch, one direct the other through another cap. If you want to mount the cap to the pot use a DPDT, put the wires to the middle two pins and the cap into one set of the end pins (nothing on the other side). Same effect achieved though in a slightly prettier/stronger fashion.

What it does is give the effect a mid hump rather than a very mild scoop. More noticeable loud and I expect in a band situation than bedroom playing.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

hoodoo

Thanks mate, all clear now, and thanks for the spreadsheet you've put together too, very helpful, all the best, Matt.