News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Royalty aka Aristocrat

Started by TNblueshawk, May 15, 2013, 04:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

Well, nothing like using a square file and hot glue  ;D I have no idea why I put those dippers on the outside except I could and I did which is all the justification I need!

John

soldersqueeze

That's a lot of royal inspiration at your feet when you look down!
Sweet build, I've never dared to try and make a square hole in an enclosure :)

rullywowr

Wow, that is really cool looking.  I especially like the dips on the outside of the enclosure.  How did you mount the dips?  Epoxy or glue?

I want to try a similar thing with some SIP sockets for a transistor tester.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

TNblueshawk

Thanks guys.

I used a hot glue gun. I suppose if I was to press really hard I could push them through but I really loaded them down with glue so I'm not concerned. I'm just a home hacker so things don't get too crazy with my pedals. The biggest thing was just getting it straight at first. I put a thin strip of hot glue and moved it into place and let that dry for a minute or so. Then I loaded them down. I also figured I'd find a setting maybe two that this sounds best on and rarely use those dips.

I had considered some JB weld as I knew it would hold to that metal real well and figured it would lock that plastic down good too but I opted for glue in the end.

Those holes were suprisingly easy. I used a drill bit of course and then bought a tiny triangular file. It went through that aluminum like butter. Actually too well to be honest as I made them a sliver too big.
John

jvg13

I love it!  The concept; the images/3 Kings; the ('80s spandex-rock-looking) pink and appropriate knobs.  It probably shouldn't work, but it certainly does  :)

TNblueshawk

John