News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Android multitrack/overdubbable recording app?

Started by midwayfair, May 09, 2013, 04:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

Anyone use anything they like?

Also: I need to be able to run it with no internet connection at times. I'm wi-fi only ...

jimilee

Ive not seen or heard of anything, the problem is latency and thw OS software, no one as far as I know has been able to fix it, and the industry seems to have accepted it as a known issue.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

Quote from: jimilee on May 09, 2013, 05:44:50 PM
Ive not seen or heard of anything, the problem is latency and thw OS software, no one as far as I know has been able to fix it, and the industry seems to have accepted it as a known issue.

That and, since there is no standard for audio handling, different manufacturers have different implementations of the audio handling.  I know that the open nature of Android is one of its strengths, but they really need to standardize that.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

midwayfair

ch1naski

It sucks, because I have seen the tascam 4 track studio on the iPhone, and I thought "it's almost worth switching to iPhone just for that".

But, android will have that soon, right?::)

Wrong......
Bugger is the word.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

jimilee

Quote from: ch1naski on May 09, 2013, 07:57:14 PM
It sucks, because I have seen the tascam 4 track studio on the iPhone, and I thought "it's almost worth switching to iPhone just for that".

But, android will have that soon, right?::)

Wrong......
Bugger is the word.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Right,not anytime soon I'm sure. I ave the iRig I wanted to use with my android phone, but instead stuck using it with my iPod.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.