News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mid Range boost pedal

Started by fair.child, July 21, 2013, 04:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fair.child

Hi folks,

I want to know, is there any related project for mid range boost pedal ? I really want to build this kind of pedal. Okay I will go with some thoughts I really want this kind of pedal;

First and foremost, I want to achieve heavy mid scoop as output. I used "uproar" but it seems that it's kind a too dirty for me, I want a clear mid range booster. My question , what is that project ? any idea ?

Second, as far as I know the pedal that I want to build will similar with Koko boost, however koko boost has special frequency range for that which is really cool to have. What I expect, perhaps, something different

Well, I did research about mid range boost and I found "Tri Boost" is the nearest pedal based on what I want, but perhaps there is something different.

Cheers all

hammerheadmusicman

So, you want to 'boost the mid range' and 'scoop the midrange' at the same time?
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

DutchMF

That's what I got from your post as well, and isn't really possible... If you could explain a bit better what you want to achieve, we might be able to point you in the right direction..... Maybe a treble-booster, but focused on a different frequency range?

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

fair.child

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on July 21, 2013, 04:16:40 PM
So, you want to 'boost the mid range' and 'scoop the midrange' at the same time?

well, just mid range

@Paul

let me go simpler, how about just only mid boost. I read some of guidance about the difference between JFET and op amp booster, which is kind a interesting for me

hammerheadmusicman

The 'Fatpants' is a good one, It's a really nice sounding booster, i really like the version2, and gives you a nice 'active midrange' it doesn't 'boost' the mids as such, or not like a treble booster would boost treble, but makes for a nicer clean sound.

Are you after boosting mids for distortion tone, or clean, or both?

If you literally just want 'more mids', what about an EQ pedal, or (without trying to sound demeaning at all) adjusting the mids on the amp, unless it's to combat a lack of mids on the amp, or you want to be able to switch it on and off..

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

fair.child

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on July 21, 2013, 11:31:27 PM
The 'Fatpants' is a good one, It's a really nice sounding booster, i really like the version2, and gives you a nice 'active midrange' it doesn't 'boost' the mids as such, or not like a treble booster would boost treble, but makes for a nicer clean sound.

Are you after boosting mids for distortion tone, or clean, or both?

If you literally just want 'more mids', what about an EQ pedal, or (without trying to sound demeaning at all) adjusting the mids on the amp, unless it's to combat a lack of mids on the amp, or you want to be able to switch it on and off..

George

Hi George, exactly that's in my thought, build fat pants, J201 will be great for sounding mid boost. I wish I can boost both of them. I do have MXR EQ which is actually I love to use that pedal before speaker cab simulator but for some reason I don't like to tweak much as I want to be simple push on/off button for mid boost

Well i don't know pretty sure about fat pants or valvecaster will be great consideration to build