Pork Barrel lfo mod question

Started by H.E.L.Shane, May 03, 2013, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H.E.L.Shane

Ok....  Got my pork barrel done.....

I freaking LOVE it!!!

Question...

Clean...  Its an awesome chorus.   

Distorted....  Love it too....  BUT....  Its not what i expected..

It has a kinda....  Flanger type sound when you run a distortion in front of it....

Now...   I did the LFO LED mod and its working....  Does that have something to do with it??

Or is it that im running it post distortion????

Dont get me wrong...  I like it....  Its just different than the chorus om used too out oc my tce gmajor after my mp1

Scruffie

I would suggest altering the delay time if this is the case, try socketing C18 and trying out a few different values there, larger cap = more delay, i'd start with 100pF. If you like a few you could always put them on a On/Off/On toggle to have 3 selectable values.

It'll basically increase the intensity of it and be more... chorusey rather than the distortion bringing out those flanger harmonics.
Works at Lectric-FX

H.E.L.Shane

hmmmm   good info...

I have a second board...   will try this..

like i said.. i LOVE it the way it is...

BUT.. i want two.. .one for my cleans and one for my distorted...    as id rather not much with settings between songs..  right now, can't just leave it on as the flanger/phaser effect is too much for distorted sound and i have to lower the depth to about 2 to get a sweet solor under distortion wihtout the flange / phase thing.

I'll post a clip of whats going on tonight so the effect is readily apparent..

in any case.. I have to get a couple more boards because both of my latest guitar build customers want one now.. just the way it is!!

H.E.L.Shane

oops

H.E.L.Shane

here a good example of the "phaser/ flanger" effect.. you can hear it at the end under distoirtion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzr1bKff9VE

Scruffie

It's just the distortion harmonics bringing the sound out, not unusual. Flangers & Choruses are pretty closely related except flanger tends to have regeneration/feedback, shorter delay time and wider sweeps.

So unless you have a short producing feedback (doubt it) with a longer delay time the chorus effect should become more prominent so you don't hear those sounds.
Works at Lectric-FX