News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Shortstack

Started by TreeSlayer, May 04, 2013, 09:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TreeSlayer

finished this one up this morning. i really like it! i thought that the small box might be a problem for me, but it really wasn't too bad. my biggest problem was findinf the small profile jacks, but Midwayfair gave ma a source and i was on my way! although there are a few things i'd do differently, all in all it fit pretty good.
i had a bit of a problem with the presence pot, mainly because i couldn't find a CCW 10k. after staring a the thing for about five minutes, i occurred to me that all three knobs were not going to be able to line up across such a narrow box. so i turned the pot 180 degrees and it fit perfect! there was no need for a C10k.
i also thought i could live without and on/off indicator light. i learned real quick that when other pedals are on, i got really lost really quick. i'm gettin ready to add one now.
i need to figure out how to do the audio thing....  ::)
"At the line it's just you, me and the tree." the TreeSlayer

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

midwayfair

Congrats on your first 1590A!

If you use Bean's drill template, you can turn those jacks sideways and fit even bigger boards in there without shorting out on the pins.

Also, make sure you're printing that drill template with no page scaling. You might have to manually deselect the page scaling option. Your drills look pretty close together, which is exactly what would happen if the page was shrunk to fit the margins.

Parra

For a first 1590A i would say it's perfect, good stuff there. Congrats.

TreeSlayer

Quote from: midwayfair on May 05, 2013, 02:59:34 AM
Congrats on your first 1590A!

If you use Bean's drill template, you can turn those jacks sideways and fit even bigger boards in there without shorting out on the pins.

Also, make sure you're printing that drill template with no page scaling. You might have to manually deselect the page scaling option. Your drills look pretty close together, which is exactly what would happen if the page was shrunk to fit the margins.
thanks, Jon! i got to looking around for the templet, and could only find one at the end of "zero point micro" build. i tried a search, but turned up nothing. the one i found puts the jacks in the exact same place i did. apparently my feeble brain ain't gittin it...

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

TreeSlayer

Quote from: Parra on May 05, 2013, 05:12:46 PM
For a first 1590A i would say it's perfect, good stuff there. Congrats.
thank you, kind sir! lol, it ain't perfect, but it turned out a whole lot better than i expected...