News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

diy reverb recommendations

Started by nieradka, April 23, 2013, 08:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nieradka

Hey, Im looking for a self etchable reverb project to work from. Im looking for an over the top reverb for shoegaze/wall of sound type of thing. Does anyone know off hand if any of the DIY projects will do that sort of thing, and/or which of the projects should be avoided in general?

Searching around I found, the rub-a-dub, stage center, ggg d-verb, tonepad fv-1, and the equinox/soltice, are there others?   

juansolo

Grind Customs Tenebrion is more that way inclined and most excellent.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

micromegas

Mr. Thomas_H is selling a pcb for a reverb with a tone pot. Haven't tried it yet, but it seems to be simple and efficient. :)
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

greysun

I built a couple rub-a-dubs - if you get the long delay reverb module and turn it up all the way, it does produce some decent reverb.

I highly recommend them.

He (1776effects.com) also sells them prefab for like $8 or $9... Just fyi, but i get wanting to etch your own - it's what I did, but I redesigned the layout and used a SIP IC (can't remember the number right this second, though) instead of a tl072 to save a little space so I could shove it into a smaller enclosure and still have a battery.

Good luck!

nieradka

Ok thanks, ill try those, yeah, I prefer to etch my own, it feels more proper, and I have access to a good etching setup. In general, is there ethical questions, if i take the grind customs schematic and make my own layout?

culturejam

Quote from: nieradka on April 24, 2013, 07:56:33 PM
if i take the grind customs schematic and make my own layout?

You can certainly make your own layout from any schematic. No foul in that, at least not in the DIY world.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects