News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Saggin' Zebra

Started by DutchMF, April 13, 2013, 11:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

Always wondered what a Saggin' Zebra would look like? Well, If you ask me it would look something like this:

Zebra guts:

The circuit inside is a MB Pastyface + Roadrage, as this has to play nice with my other pedals and power supply, no batteries on my board! Built to Soulbender specs, minus the trimmer, as I didn't have a 500k.... Might add that later. Trannies are a set of GT108V's I got from Chromesphere. They came with a nice little info sheet with gain, leakage and pinout, now that's what I call customer support! If you ever need a good set of germanium trannies, Chromesphere or Jakefuzz are the guys! (@Jakefuzz: haven't gotten around to using the ones I got from you, but there is some vero on the way for the layout you sent me!)

As usual, I can't tell you more about the sound of it other then that it works. I only have a crappy practice amp at home, so the real test will be next monday when I can take it to the rehearsal space where my main amp is. I added an external sag control, mainly because I could (and the pot gave me a nice way to mount the Roadrage...) This is my first PNP germanium Fuzz, and first working build with a Roadrage, so I have no idea what to expect from the sag knob. I'll keep you all posted on how I like it through a proper amp.....

Paul

"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

danwelsh

jprizz

Is that printed duct tape? Is there anything it can't do? Awesomeness

DutchMF

Quote from: jprizz on April 13, 2013, 04:17:19 PM
Is that printed duct tape? Is there anything it can't do? Awesomeness

Yes, it is. I'm gonna get every variation I can find, I love it! (except for the Justin Bieber print, that would be wrong.....)

Paul

pickdropper

Nice clean guts there, Paul.  Great job.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jvg13

GermanCdn

Question on duct tape finishes - do you leave them bare, or put a clear coat/epoxy coat to get them to hold up over time?
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

DutchMF

I've left this one bare, but as it was the first time using this as a finish, I'll have to see how it holds up. I do have some plans with solid colors/decals, and those will be clear coated to protect the decal... I'll keep you all informed.

Paul

raulduke

Nice build dude.

Love the zebra duct tape!

fendman

DutchMF

Quote from: raulduke on April 25, 2013, 08:35:42 AM
Nice build dude.

Love the zebra duct tape!

Got some Leopard as well, hope I won't get the WWF on my back....  ;)

Paul

CarpathiART

This Looks threatning! But in a good way! Nothing beats a black and white in the end. I really like the wide collar on the small led. And I´m a big fan of pot on the sides, it kinda gives those things really "machinery" like feel.

DutchMF

Quote from: CarpathiART on April 25, 2013, 10:57:40 AM
This Looks threatning! But in a good way! Nothing beats a black and white in the end. I really like the wide collar on the small led. And I´m a big fan of pot on the sides, it kinda gives those things really "machinery" like feel.

Yeah, it actually does! This was born out of necessity though, with the RoadRage and all... And considering the LED: That is one of the things I wouldn't build a pedal without! I just think it looks awesome.... That, and the tiny +9V jacks I get from Banzai, must-haves, in my opinion!

Paul

nzCdog