News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zero Point SDX [super ambient edition]

Started by soldersqueeze, April 22, 2013, 11:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldersqueeze

I'm sure I'm not the only one to look at the ZPSDX board and think "yeah, it's beautiful, but a bit too small..", so I threw some reverb at the situation. I think the result is a really excellent pedal, and a great  use of a 1590XX (which are helpfully in the range of painted Hammond enclosures!).
The finish is Hammond green, over the top of which I laid some vinyl and cut out a pattern. I used this a stencil for blue plasti-cote spray paint. The result is super sharp lines and a kind of screen printed look, the only downside to the method is that it's absolutely horrible peeling off the super sticky vinyl without peeling off either paint surface. I wouldn't recommend it and I wouldn't do it again the same way.
I'm quite proud of the reverb pots wiring, it was tricky to hide it away and keep the wires nice and short. I should have probably used different coloured wires though, as it got a tad confusing. You may also notice the 10m leds at the top of the pedal. Sadly these aren't wired up (though they could be...) and are just there to fill mis-drilled holes  :P
The pedal is delay into reverb, individually switchable on/off with bi colour LEDs. Really wide range of sounds and totally useable, but it's hard to resist turning everything up and playing lines as ambient as an unobserved super-nova.
Yet another pedal which destroys the big-name pedal it replaces. Thanks again, Brian!

I really recommend this combination, if you prefer straight spring reverb to the tenebrion, you could fit a rub a dub in the same space and have less nightmare wiring for for the pots :D

lincolnic

Damn. From the enclosure design to the green wiring and PCBs on the inside, this pedal makes me think of plant life. It's really cool!

I'd like to see the tree this thing grew from...

jprizz

Looks great and you get extra credit for being creative on filling the holes with LED's!

jkokura

Needs green knobs...

Looking forward to hearing a demo!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

GhostofJohnToad

I dunno if you are going for the plant thing, get wooden knobs.

Very cool build by the way!

nzCdog

That looks fantastic!  I wanna try a stencil now! :o