News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

snarkdoodle problem

Started by danwelsh, April 24, 2013, 08:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwelsh

Hi guys...so i populated the snarkdoodle, wired up the pots and have it hooked up but not boxed, I'm not getting any control with the gain...i reflowed all my solder joints, checked for bridges and still the same thing, volume works fine.  I am also not using the boost switch...am i supposed to do something with the boost pads?  I get lots of gain but no control of it? Any help would be appreciated.

jkokura

The boost switch changes the value of the resistor in series with the gain pot, so not having the boost switch attached may be a problem. Without the boost switch, the gain does nothing at all. You have to have it in, or a jumper in place connecting either pads 1 and 2, or pads 2 and 3.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

danwelsh

Quote from: jkokura on April 24, 2013, 08:19:52 PM
The boost switch changes the value of the resistor in series with the gain pot, so not having the boost switch attached may be a problem. Without the boost switch, the gain does nothing at all. You have to have it in, or a jumper in place connecting either pads 1 and 2, or pads 2 and 3.

Jacob

Okay, but i was building it with the values for the red llama....it says Omit for the boost switch on the build doc, but still calls for the 1mb pot for the gain

jkokura

You can omit the switch, but you still need a jumper. Without some sort of connection there, you won't have any gain control at all.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

danwelsh