News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

lowrider/ nautilus build

Started by soldersqueeze, April 15, 2013, 07:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldersqueeze

It took a while, but I finally finished this beastie! Both boards fired up first time, and the superb layouts once again mean the guts are pretty tidy (huge props to Brian as always)
Without further ado, onto the pron-

The build photos are pretty terrible, but I didn't want to wait to borrow a good camera. If there's a build contest this month I'll re-shoot the photos and maybe add nicer knobs ...
These two circuits seem to go really well together, it's a good "colour" pedal to add to any (or rather "my") pedalboard. The two blue boards look really good as well, I should have lined them up closer so they looked one monster PCB :)
I would advise either build to anyone, they went together really smoothly and both circuits sound fantastic. One question for any Nautilus owners though- with the gain all the way down, the pedal doesn't kill my signal entirely- is that normal?

midwayfair

Always love your enclosures.

Yes, it's normal for the gain pot not to kill your signal. It's just a series resistor with the input, not a voltage divider. (A voltage divider actually won't work ...)

spaceboss

Your dark arts are superior dark arts. :o