News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hipster Low Gain Transistor Search

Started by zapme, April 12, 2013, 06:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapme

I have been looking around the web for a set of bc108's and 07s and 09s and i can't seem to find any low gain ones.  :( .   Does anyone have a clue where i could find some.  Everywhere has them ranging from 300 to 400 hfe.  Looking for around 100s or so.

midwayfair

You want the A range, and they'll almost have to be NOS. It might help you find some if you search for them with the letter designation. And yes, they're hard to find. :(

A few modern production transistors are in the 100 or lower range: 4125, 2222, and 3904. There may be a few others I'm not aware of. Smallbear also has a few super low-gain silicon transistors. My favorite was a little white button transistor with hfe all of a whopping 25.

T_MBaker

You could try Tayda, some of the BC108s I've gotten from them have been in the 90-120 hfe region, but most have been around the 300ish mark.
If they don't have to be BC series, you may be able to find metal can 2N2222 that fit what you're after there as well.

Alternatively, you could go through Small Bears stock of various different silicon transistors such as 2N4124, 2N4401, 2N2923 etc. I've found some nice sounding combinations from these.

Hope this helps.

Todd

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

zapme