News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dual compressor advice from the Gurus....

Started by QuatroMule, April 11, 2013, 04:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuatroMule

??? I have been wanting to build a dual compressor pedal which operated completely indepent of each other, both with their own input and output.  They would share the same power supply (not sure if the squeezer is compatable or would benefit from 18v power supply, so I'm unsure of this aspect of planned build).  But if I stayed strictly with Madbean pedals, what other boost, envelope filter or pedal would go great with the squeezer?  My original idea was building a Ross comp and an Orange Squeezer in the same box (similar to a Bicomp but with separate input outputs and to my specs). Just didn't see a "Ross" comp from madbean.  Thanks in advance for any input!!!

jkokura

If you want, I would suggest the Engineer's Thumb. All the benefits of the Ross, but little/no noise. Not a madbean project, but JMK and Madbean are pretty much cousins.

http://www.jmkpcbs.com/JMK_PCBs/Store_files/Engineer%27s%20Thumb.pdf

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimilee

Quote from: jkokura on April 11, 2013, 04:17:32 AM
If you want, I would suggest the Engineer's Thumb. All the benefits of the Ross, but little/no noise. Not a madbean project, but JMK and Madbean are pretty much cousins.

http://www.jmkpcbs.com/JMK_PCBs/Store_files/Engineer%27s%20Thumb.pdf

Jacob
Cousins? They're practically married. They came over one day and never left! Like in a good way.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

QuatroMule

That is awesome!  That's exactly the build I was looking for.  I'm new to forum so I wouldn't have known about.  Exactly how would the wiring and extra cap be placed if I wanted to add the treble boost mod and make it switchable? There are several pedals I have at home that I wanted to add a switch to, but I'm not sure how to wire it.