News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

aquaboy 2012 tech help

Started by DB_1973, April 04, 2013, 03:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DB_1973

I built a aquaboy 2012 ver. board from haberdasher. Which is fine work.

I got the delay working fine, but I am having an issue with the feedback pot. If I dial it past 1\4 to 1\3 of the way up i get a very unusable delay. By halfway up, it runs away after playing a note. And over half way it will take off with out even playing a note.

I am thinking of trying a lower value pot but just wanted to get some input to see if there is something else i may be missing before i alter the circuit.

I have built a v3205 ver. all other values are verbatim of the BOM.

Any input would be appreciated,
Thanks
Darin

jimilee

Are the resistor values correct,sounds a bit low somewhere
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

DB_1973

Yes they should be. I will look back over the board to make sure. I order from small bear and go though all the parts and label the bags before I do my build. Is there a specific resistor, or just all on the board?

Thanks

jimilee

Quote from: DB_1973 on April 04, 2013, 03:29:17 AM
Yes they should be. I will look back over the board to make sure. I order from small bear and go though all the parts and label the bags before I do my build. Is there a specific resistor, or just all on the board?

Thanks
There is a specific one but I don't know which. Trace the circuit around the pot I'd say.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Scruffie

Schematic link for the version you've built?  ;)
Works at Lectric-FX

DB_1973

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5521.0;attach=4149

This is the link to the schematic.

I will check around the pot for the  R values

Thanks

chordball

Socket R31 and raise the value until it oscillates at the point of your choice on the pot rotation.

madbean

Quote from: chordball on April 04, 2013, 04:19:35 AM
Socket R31 and raise the value until it oscillates at the point of your choice on the pot rotation.

Yup. Try 33k, 47k and 56k.

DB_1973

I will try that thanks for all the help and info.