News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Molotov (Cosmo)

Started by ch1naski, June 05, 2013, 09:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret608

Oh man, don't worry yourself over that shrinking waterslide. I managed to do that on my Cosmo even without baking it!  ;)  And I sure got that clearcoat on there thick enough to minimize the edges, only the clearcoat ended up being less than beautiful!

But the circuit is so good it's what made me want to push myself enough to even try a waterslide for the first time! I love what you did with this. I'm curious how the bias you like on the trimmer differs from the fixed resistor value. I tend to like the pre-gain jacked, but there are great shades of lower-gain dirt on tap too.

ch1naski

Quote from: Bret608 on June 06, 2013, 03:54:21 PMOh man, don't worry yourself over that shrinking waterslide. I managed to do that on my Cosmo even without baking it!  ;)  And I sure got that clearcoat on there thick enough to minimize the edges, only the clearcoat ended up being less than beautiful!

But the circuit is so good it's what made me want to push myself enough to even try a waterslide for the first time! I love what you did with this. I'm curious how the bias you like on the trimmer differs from the fixed resistor value. I tend to like the pre-gain jacked, but there are great shades of lower-gain dirt on tap too.
I haven't had a chance to check the bias voltage, yet. I set it as per the schematic, but I included it because I play in a converted attic of a circa 1926 house, so the temperature up there varies widely. It can go from around 65°f to 100°f in the same day. So germanium is not always cooperative.;)

Quote from: midwayfair on June 06, 2013, 03:52:59 PMVery nice graphics, though I must say that being able to read Cyrilic makes your labels sound very funny.     :)

About the pot shafts: I recently BROKE a set of clippers by trying to cut the pot shafts. And dented another very nice pair. I need something stronger I think. :(
Jon, I wasn't crazy about the Cyrilic at first, the "b" looks like a "g"....Damn Russians, why can't they write in English like normal people? :P

I bit the bullet and ordered some proper pots from mammoth last night. This circuit deserves not to be MacGyver'd . Altho, I really have to sell a couple builds now to pay for the parts.....still not working, so I can't justify spending money on things I enjoy as opposed to things I need.

I can justify the money if I build it for my kid, tho.;)
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.

Vallhagen

A short question, that maybe should suit better under the "general questions", but i ask here as it is about the actual circuit:

The build doc asks for BC109 as Q2. I have BC108B in my drawers. By checking specs i cant see any important differencies between them, which should mean that 108B would do the job just fine. Any opinions on this?

Cheers!
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

slimtriggers

Couldn't you have used a washer or two to adjust the height of the pots?

The best endorsement I can give for the Cosmo is that I haven't built another pedal since I built mine.  I've actually been playing my guitar instead of building pedals  8)  (Gassin' for a LowRider, though)

ch1naski

Quote from: slimtriggers on June 08, 2013, 05:41:25 PM
Couldn't you have used a washer or two to adjust the height of the pots?

The best endorsement I can give for the Cosmo is that I haven't built another pedal since I built mine.  I've actually been playing my guitar instead of building pedals  8)  (Gassin' for a LowRider, though)
board-mounted pots, so no room for adjustments after they were soldered in...but I won't make that mistake again.:)
one louder.