News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zero Point SDX Tone Question

Started by sodapep, June 18, 2013, 02:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sodapep

I've been thinking about the SDX and how awesome the tone control is (can't wait to hear it when I build it). Great job on the design, madbean. I have a question to those who've built it - does the tone setting have much of an affect on the first (or first few) repeat? If you have a simple slap back, can you hear the difference between settings or is it more of a cumulative difference once the signal has been sent through the filter on multiple feedbacks?

Thanks!

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

sodapep

You know... the 4 way tone filters that alter the sound at different frequencies to emulate different delay mediums and sounds?

jimilee

Oh yeah, sorry. There is a definite difference in the 4 settings.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

sodapep

Thanks! Is the difference only there on multiple repeats, or can you tell the difference with just one repeat?

jimilee

Yeah there are tone changes on the sparkle repeat for example. But yeah the rest is just on multiple repeats.

wstimson

It also depends on where you have the path switch set. 
If you have it set to have the first repeat skip the filtering, then it definitely won't make a difference.  :)