News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hamlet Delay demo

Started by midwayfair, January 29, 2013, 01:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

I'll be posting the "how it works" thread and build document in a few days. In the meantime, here's what it sounds like!

Maybe best viewed on youtube to read all the annotations.

This has an extremely thorough explanation of the controls, so skip ahead to 3 minutes in if you have no interest in that. Although I think I reviewed as much of the pedal as possible, there were a few things that I didn't have time to demonstrate, like putting a booster in front. When I do the build thread, though, I'll explain why the headroom is so high. It has to do with the maximum voltage that the PT2399 input will see regardless of the size of the input signal.

After I build mine (this one was built for a friend), I might do a supplementary demo with a full pedal line.

jimilee

So now you gotta tease us? I need to have one.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

lincolnic

This is a very cool design, and it sounds rad. Bonus points for demoing it in an Animal shirt.

dc001013

Sounds great! Hopefully we can expect to see this in the future. I've always enjoyed your playing. I about wracked my brain around 4:30 in the video trying to figure out how you were get that sound and chords at that position until I noticed the capo!  ;D Great riff though is that one of your own?

midwayfair

Quote from: dc001013 on April 01, 2013, 03:57:17 PMis that one of your own?

yes, it's an as-yet unreleased song from my band called "Most Distant Star." It's a love story between a meteorite and an Aborigine. It's one of my favorite songs of ours, but we didn't get a chance to record last year.

The project doc is in the members' projects section. I did a short run (the last of the boards from that run are on sale at DIYSB -- I split up the boards between the forums I frequent).