News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sandy Drive

Started by juansolo, March 31, 2013, 07:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

This is a pedal we built a long time ago for a friend. It was originally an Akai ShredoMatic. Which was awful. Then we dropped a Baby Boobtube and SFT in there (pics are all clickable):

Then Hurricane Sandy had it's way with it:

Still he quite liked it, but wasn't so keen on the SFT so it's been rebuilt with a Kingslayer.

This is quite the joint effort. Cleggy (Marauder) cleaned up, filled and painted the box in a nice matt black. The treddle has been cleaned up and filled with envirotex. Mr C also rebuilt a new BBT to go in there and populated the Kingslayer. My only real contribution was the design of the Haberdasher etched faceplate and the final assembly/wiring of the Kingslayer.

It's a surprising shit of an enclosure when it comes to populating it. It's big enough sure, it's just a damned awkward shape. So it's not pretty. But it works, and it sounds rather brilliant. Love it.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jprizz

That looks sooo much better! Cool job on the collaboration bringing it back to life. Is the treadle working as a volume?
Josh

juansolo

Yeah, just vol on the tube. It's what he wanted.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

LaceSensor

slick as hell. great resurrection

whitebread47

Looks great, sir.  Nice joint effort between you and Marauder.  I always love seeing repurposed enclosures, so this was quite a treat!
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

Haberdasher

Nice work!
I was wondering what size enclosure that was going on.  I knew it was kind of an odd size.
Did you guys envirotex the faceplate or just clearcoat?
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

hoodoo

Fantastic rehouse, love the etched faceplate too, i'm curious how you filled the original stomp switch hole, you can't even tell there was a hole there, all the best, Matt.

marauder

Quote from: Haberdasher on March 31, 2013, 09:48:53 PM
Nice work!
I was wondering what size enclosure that was going on.  I knew it was kind of an odd size.
Did you guys envirotex the faceplate or just clearcoat?

Clearcoat on the plate. Came out awesome! Cheers dude.

Hole was filled with automotive filler.

pickdropper

Very cool idea and execution.  Great job.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper