News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2n5952 n channel transistors from Tayda for Smoothie?

Started by sonarchotic, March 29, 2013, 01:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonarchotic

Hey, I am going to build the Smoothie pedal and found these http://www.taydaelectronics.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=2n5952%2B
2n5952 n channel RF amplifier transistor on Tayda. They are about 20 cents cheaper per trans. than the alternative 2n5457 that's listed in the build docs. The 2n5457 are .55 cents and if I need to buy 25 to 50 to get a match that seems like a bit much. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Haberdasher

2n5952 is great in a phaser, and I'm sure the ones from tayda are fine.

you can buy a bunch and match them or you can buy a matched pair from someone.  there are people around this forum in the buy/sell/trade room who sell matched pairs and quads like jkokura.  if you have trouble finding some let me know, I probably have a couple hundred of them, but I think jkokura already has them tested, sorted and ready to go.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jimilee

Or support Guitarpcb. Com but I'm sure josh charges less shipping. And the dude there is THE dude, so go for the hookup!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

sonarchotic

Thanks guys! I just wanted to know if they were the right transistor for the phase 45 circuit. I read the article about testing them and thought I would like to try it at least once. Maybe a big PIA that I avoid in the future and just buy matched pairs from some of the guys here. Thanks again!