News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Retrograde question

Started by jimilee, March 20, 2013, 05:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I built the retrograde tonight for a friend, and it sounds great. It will be boxed shortly for sure. What is the purpose of this:For the OCT switch, wire two leads from the PCB to the two lugs of the switch. If using an SPDT (On/On), wire one lead to the center lug and tie it to one outside lug. Now wire the other lead to the remaining lug. It does no matter which lead goes to which lug.
  I see where some people did that and some people just wired it straight with no jumper. Does it matter?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gingataff

are you asking if it's worth wiring up the switch?

I'd say yes. the octave off setting is a great sounding fuzz, much darker and thicker then the octave on setting and a great option.

if I build another one I would add a footswitch.

Sent from my SC-02B using Tapatalk 2

jimilee

Nope, the wiring of the octave switch itself. Why the jumper, and in build reports, I've seen it wired both ways.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

RobA

I just woke up and I'm still sleepy, but I can't think of any purpose the jumper serves.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).