News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nevermind,nothing to see here

Started by jimilee, April 05, 2013, 02:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I don't think this should be in the tech support area,as it's really a question and an interesting on at that. My Decimator build works great on a regular 9v boss power supply,works fantastic on batteries. When I plug in my pedal power supply, Joyo jmp-1,it does not work. It lights up dimmer than normal and the light on my power supply gets dim also,and there's no sound. Why would this be? There's gotta be some logical explanation there. Is it becasue it's regulated already. Like I said,works great on battery and other 9 volt power supply. I even replaced the dc input jack before I figured this out.

Power supply issue,never mind
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

haveyouseenhim

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

jimilee

Don't know,apparently my Joyo is developing issues.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

RobA

I have/had one of the little JOYO DC-Brick clones. One day the 9V taps just started sagging. Any load at all on them would drop them to about a 2V output. The 18V taps still work, so I think it is the buck converter that died.

My next project -- power supply.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

jimilee

Yep, that  sounds like what's happening . I'd love to build a power supply, but so far they're enormous compared to the size of the joyo.... Which doesn't work..... Hmmmm

jimilee

Can you replace a buck converter?

RobA

I'd guess so. But it's surface mount and I just figured I'd rather put the effort in to making a good clean power supply. I'm also thinking about the Sanyo Pedal Juice as an alternative.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

jimilee

You would then be correct sir. Sanyo pedal juice? Sounds like I need to google it.