News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ross Phaser extra stages help <mystery solved>

Started by jimilee, March 30, 2013, 01:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Can someone explain to me where the extra stages is wired on the main pcb please? I'm just not getting it.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

aballen

You can add more than one extra stage.     I think you just keep piggybacking the extra stages.

jimilee

Quote from: aballen on March 30, 2013, 02:11:23 AM
You can add more than one extra stage.     I think you just keep piggybacking the extra stages.
yeah, but if I can't figure out how to hook them up to them main pcb, it's just resistors on a pcb. I'm digging the sound so far.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

aballen

Jimi I just realized why you are not seeing it.  You are looking at the wrong layout for the main board. 

There is a newer layout for the main board with matching pads for the extra stages board.

aballen

Please put up some samples.  I've been considering a 14 stage phaser or something really crazy like a 20 stage... It would probably have to go in a lunchbox ;)

jimilee

Quote from: aballen on March 30, 2013, 02:25:10 AM
Please put up some samples.  I've been considering a 14 stage phaser or something really crazy like a 20 stage... It would probably have to go in a lunchbox ;)
WIll do,it isn't boxed yet,but as soon as I box it up I sure will. Probably Tuesday. Oh and it's the wrong layout? This is from the latest layout on tonepad.com

kryoz

aballen is right, from the image posted i think you are using this file

"tonepad_rossphaserOLD.pdf 154.7 KB-- Ross Phaser OLD, Rev.4.Nov.29.2005"

and should be using the layout on this file

tonepad_rossphaser.pdf 255.1 KB-- Ross Phaser, Rev.1.Nov.29.2005

If you take a look at the tonepad´s .pdf file, you have U,V,W,X,Y,Z pads in a row between the two bottom ics.

If you already etched the previous layout, you´ll have to cut some traces, use the schematic as a guideline in order to hook up the extra stage.

Hernan.

Matt

You have the old layout.  On the download options ther are 3 files.  The first one is listed as old.  The second one says something like phaser revision 1  Nov. a date and year.  That's the one you want. 
Matt

jimilee

Oh h oh I see that now,my mistake I thought I had posted the new layout.i see it now. So I AM going to have to build another one .hmmmm...and the list grows longer.tne good news is I can box this one up next week for sure then.

aballen

You can tap the traces and solder wires in to avoid making a new pcb

jimilee

Quote from: aballen on March 30, 2013, 04:59:54 PM
You can tap the traces and solder wires in to avoid making a new pcb
That's what I was thinking too, I just haven't had time to study it today.