News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

how do you wire 4 pedals together?

Started by danwelsh, March 09, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwelsh

can anyone tell me how to wire 4 3pdt switches or point me in the right direction on how to do so?

jkokura

Do you mean 4 circuits with Bypass switches in one box?

Simple. Treat each input/output of each bypass switch as the output/input of the next switch in line.

So...
In at input jack > In of switch one > through circuit one > out of switch one > in of switch two > through circuit two > out of switch two > in of switch three > through circuit three > out of switch three > in of switch four > through switch 4 > out of switch four > out at output jack.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

LaceSensor

as jakob said but I bothered to do this so ill upload it...

danwelsh

danwelsh

how come the sleeve of the output jack isn't grounded to anything?

davent

Hi Dan,
That style of jack is grounded by way of the enclosure to the input jack's sleeve-ground connection. Get yourself some inner-toothed lock washers to put on the jacks inside the enclosure, crank down the nut and you've nothing to worry about, (unless you're using cheapy jacks that don't take kindly to being tightened). If you're using a jack that insulates the sleeve from the enclosure or a plastic enclosure then you will need to connect the output jack sleeve to the input's or to another ground point in the build.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

danwelsh

so what do you do when you have 2 boards that have t&s connections and 2 that don't....eg. 2boards from madbean, and two from guitarpcb?

jimilee

Ground 'em! That's a good question, I'd be inclined to go ahead and ground the sleeves connection to the enclosure because ultimately that what they do, OR email Barry, he's really good about getting back to you.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.