News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wolfshirt Question

Started by TreeSlayer, March 13, 2013, 08:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TreeSlayer

quick question. is it ok to use ceramics in C3 and C10? thanks in advance!

LT
"At the line it's just you, me and the tree." the TreeSlayer

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

DutchMF

If you have them in the right values, I don't see a reason not to.... If I were you I would use a 1n box type cap for C3 and either a 2.7n or 3.3n for C10. You could parrallel some caps to get you closer to the 3n mentioned in the build docs. If you don't have these values as poly box caps, give me a pm, I'm pretty sure I have both and would be happy to send some to you!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

TreeSlayer

thanks, Dutch! what i have is a 1000pf and a 3000pf, 1000v ceramic. it was all i could find local. i have some box type coming, but i'm chompin at the bit. it's gonna be another few days, and it's all i need to finish it. maybe i'll socket them and try them both out. thanks for the offer!

LT

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

DutchMF

Well, good luck, and show us a build report! I personally have no experience with ceramic caps of that value, but if it's according to the build doc you're ok!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

TreeSlayer

well, she rocked and i'm in the middle of boxing her now. i should have a build report in the next day or so.

LT