News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LED for a battery power mangler

Started by Bman40, March 10, 2013, 10:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bman40

Hey all

Can I get some advice on how to add an led to a battery powered positive ground mangler? I'm using some ge transistors from small bear ..I,don't want a road rage board in this.

I found the wiring diagram on the mangler project page, but its left me a bit confused :  the diagram shows the black lead from the battery going to the flat side of the led and the round side then going to the footswitch (top left pole).   Where does the 9v power wire to the pcb connect?

Thanks

Barry

pedalman

the switch controls the +v. led on/pedal on, led off/bypass
make sure you put a resistor on the led
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

Bman40

Thanks I did that and now there,is no sound at all.  Bypass works, but no fuzz.

pedalman

make sure te led is wired properly (flat side/round side)

Bman40

I'll check again tonight.... thanks

pretty sure I had it right, but .....

B

Bman40

The led lights up btw... But no sound

jimilee

Quote from: pedalman on March 11, 2013, 04:21:08 AM
the switch controls the +v. led on/pedal on, led off/bypass
make sure you put a resistor on the led
Even on a +ground pedal? Do you just wire it backwards? Or is that what you just said? Also if the sound goes away,its a grounding issue,unwire it the LED and see if it comes back. If so then we need  plan b.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bman40

it DID work fine before i put in the LED.

ill pull it out again and see. I was having a problem with a huge buzz - but i realized it was nt grounded (sittign on the carpet outside the enclosure) when I connected the grunds with a temporaty wire - perfect.

I assume that once its in the enclosure it will be fine.

pedalman

its got to be a ground issue, pluck it from the box if you have to. if its out of the box, make sure both jacks are grounded. also rewalk the ground path. i hae wasted hours all because i forgot a small part in the ground path