News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Any tips on moving PCB artwork around in Eagle?

Started by Mike @ Rawkworks, March 06, 2013, 12:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike @ Rawkworks

I've followed the instructables website and have an image but there's no way to move it around. Any tips?
Mike
mike@rawkworks.com

Stomptown

I'm trying to figure this stuff out as well. I'm currently looking at the instructable that you mentioned so I'm not at the point you are at. BUT, have you tried highlighting the PCB artwork and using the smash command? Maybe this will enable you to move it around the same way you move parts...

jkokura

What in particular are you trying to move?

If you're trying to move either all the parts, or some of the parts, then you need to select the Move tool, then select the 'group tool'. Highlight all the parts you wish to move, then right click and select the 'move group' command. Now you will be able to move everything, rotate everything, etc.

You can select some, or all of the parts, lines, traces, polygon edges, etc.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

You didn't really describe what you were moving.  Is it a art drawn with line tools etc in eagle or are you using import.bmp

If it's import.bmp run it in a blank .brd board, then copy it, close the file, open the .brd file you want it in, then paste it.

It will ALWAYS be multiple lines to make up the art unless you make it into a part and use it as a stamp.  Such as a logo you'll use more than once.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Thomas_H

Hi Josh,
I had looked into the image thing but making it into a part did not occour to me yet.
Thank you
Thomas
DIY-PCBs and projects: