News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Power Problem!

Started by kylemyers33, March 09, 2013, 11:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kylemyers33

So I am a beginner. I am working on mounting the BYOC confidence boost into a pedal, and I am having issues with power. It works perfectly with the battery plugged up, but not with the DC jack. (I don't really need the battery, not enough room in the enclosure) So I switched the wires from the positive battery, to the positive pcb and leds. Only the LEDs worked. I have ran everything through the multimeter, and I noticed that one of the positive leads from the DC jack doesn't pull up any current. I am using a Boss style jack with a 2.1mm inner core. I am convinced I have tried it all. Any suggestions?

I am using the schematic at the very bottom of the page:  http://www.buildyourownclone.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7366&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Thanks!  ;D

jimilee

Typically this is caused by a bad power supply or wiring the jack to the wrong "+" the on the dc jack.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

kylemyers33

Quote from: jimilee on March 10, 2013, 12:02:38 AM
Typically this is caused by a bad power supply or wiring the jack to the wrong "+" the on the dc jack.

Thanks for your quick reply, but I don't think that is the problem. I have wired it on the other + lugs, and I have tried multiple power supplies. Is there anything else?

gtr2

Could you post a picture of the wiring?

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer