News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Would I use a white base coat here?

Started by danwelsh, February 28, 2013, 09:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwelsh

Hi guys, so I'm getting pretty stoked about my 4 in 1 that i'm working on....waiting for parts now. I have the enclosure(1590dd), sanded and primed and wondering if I should use a white or cream basecoat on the enclosure before I put this decal on it?  I'm going to try the toner transfer printing way first on something else aluminum and if that doesn't work...i'm just going to order waterslide decal paper... On a side note, I got like 6 hours with photoshop on this now b4 i just completed it.:)

jimilee

Thats more of a personal preference, id keep it bare.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

danwelsh

I just thought if I used white or a light color, the decal will pop more.....

hammerheadmusicman

I've been using white enclosures recently, they look really slick! But i am having issue with bits out of the air in the clear coat.. they really show up on white if you get the odd couple :/
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

danwelsh

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on February 28, 2013, 09:15:08 PM
I've been using white enclosures recently, they look really slick! But i am having issue with bits out of the air in the clear coat.. they really show up on white if you get the odd couple :/

A guy a work mentioned about steel wooling in between clear coats...wonder if that would help the bit problem.

hammerheadmusicman

maybe, but the clear coat would have to be well dry, as wire wool sheds loads of stuff when you use it.
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

aballen

That graphic is awesome!  You can do any bright color.  White works, so would orange, light purple, lime green, baby blue etc

Don't forget to post a pic when you are done.  It looks like it is going to turn out great.

Stomptown

I would go with the off white. It will give that aged comic book paper appearance which would go well with the graphics...

danwelsh

Yeah, i think im going to go off white guys.....i have almond and might as well use that :)

fendman

I hope nobody takes the first part of your sentence the wrong way, I am sure they wouldn't... the English language can be a pain sometimes :)
Quote from: danwelsh on March 04, 2013, 10:48:55 AM
Yeah, i think im going to go off white guys.....i have almond and might as well use that :)

danwelsh