News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Clean output from Aquaboy

Started by chromesphere, February 26, 2013, 09:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I figured you knew what you were doing, it looked like everyone started on rhe hard stuff first. Sometimes I overlook the easy stuff myself like say, making sure my guitar is plugged in. Can't tell you how many times I've done that. :'(
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

RobA

Hey, me too. I sat there probing around my breadboard trying to figure out why I was just getting noise for about 5 minutes the other day before I finally looked down and saw I hadn't plugged in to my guitar.  :-[.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

chromesphere

Sorry RobA didnt mean to sound all superior :) Happens to the best of us.  I was just thinking of the minimum, 1 hour, of scratching those tracks when you suggested it lol

The BOM says to probe pin 7 (the input) while adjusting the bias of the BBD.  Thats what was causing the confusion for me. 

Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

RobA

Quote from: chromesphere on February 27, 2013, 10:31:40 PM
Sorry RobA didnt mean to sound all superior :) Happens to the best of us.  [...]

I think you were really directing that at Jimi, but no problems on my part. And you are right, it certainly does happen to everyone. It can be frustrating too.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

chromesphere

Quote from: RobA on February 27, 2013, 11:49:00 PM
Quote from: chromesphere on February 27, 2013, 10:31:40 PM
Sorry RobA didnt mean to sound all superior :) Happens to the best of us.  [...]

I think you were really directing that at Jimi, but no problems on my part. And you are right, it certainly does happen to everyone. It can be frustrating too.

lol so i was.  I have lost my mind working on this delay, you will have to excuse me :)

Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

jimilee

What'd I miss? There was a disturbance in the force and I came to see my name!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Yeah, it should say pins 3 and 4 for output. I'll fix that.