News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Collosalus volume drop in the fx loop

Started by brejna, April 01, 2013, 12:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brejna

Hi, today i have put collosalus in the fx loop and there is little volume drop when fx is engaged.
Does anyone knows what resistors could be changed to raise volume a bit? Is it R7 or R5 or?
Thanks
Brane
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/Collosalus/docs/Collosalus.pdf

brejna

Scruffie

R7 would increase the output gain if raised.
Works at Lectric-FX

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

brejna

thanks for reply guys, I'll try with changing R7 with the other value (probably 120K or higher).
Also idea of putting potentiometer is not bad, but I think that I don't need it right now.  :)

brejna

Update: I've put socket in R7 place and try values from 120K-220K. With bigger values you get higher volume but also lot of bass, so I ended up puting 120K and it is compromised solution for me.
Thanks once again for help  :)
Brane

hammerheadmusicman

Quote from: jimilee on April 05, 2013, 03:42:21 PM
Could you replace it with a volume pot?

I don't know about this circuit, as to it's function. But, if that's the resistor to change, i would imagine you could put in a variable resistor either as a internal trim pot, or external pot if you so wished..

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

brejna

I agree with you, it is possible.. and R7 is definitely right resistor.
But as I sad before you are not getting just volume adjustment, also there is change in lower frequency's..

hammerheadmusicman

sorry, must have skimmed that bit! ;)

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

madbean

Quote from: brejna on April 05, 2013, 10:24:34 PM
I agree with you, it is possible.. and R7 is definitely right resistor.
But as I sad before you are not getting just volume adjustment, also there is change in lower frequency's..

Hi brejna, try socketing R8 and then reduce to 5k1 or lower. That will bump up higher frequencies which may reduce the perception of bass somewhat.

brejna

Thanks for suggestion, I'll try it today.

Scruffie

Well that section is also filtering, no schematic in front of me but you should be able to find out the math to keep it all the same with more volume and the sameish cut off frequency.

Failing all that, you can just add a boost to the end.
Works at Lectric-FX