News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New DC Jacks :(

Started by 9Lives, January 10, 2012, 03:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

I'm buying mine from Banzai, as mentioned in my earlier post, and have had no problems with them. They are one of the reasons I place an order with them now and then (that, and their ridiculously large selection of IC's!)

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

hammerheadmusicman

just looked on that site and the diameter is listed as 2.0mm, when i used those, they were fine, unless you rgilled them, the circuit wouldn't go off, but crackle..
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

Stomptown

Quote from: pickdropper on February 27, 2013, 08:54:42 PM
Jameco also has their own version of the Lumbergs.

On the Lumberg data sheet, the center pin is listed as only 2.0 mm, which is odd since 2.1mm is the standard.

Really? That's no bueno! I'll have to mess with some of my builds and see if I will be having any issues. I have about 8 more of those in my stock. Ugh! :( The ones from Bitcheslovemyswitches claim to be 2.1 and are way cheaper than the lumbergs so maybe I'll have to try some of those...

Bonzai lists those jacks as 2.1 mm center pin so maybe we should let them know that they are actually 2mm...

Droogie

Mine were (accidentally) the 2.5mm version. Fortunately I got a new power supply unit that has a variety of plugs so I can use them now. They seem to fit snugly...
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

pickdropper

Quote from: Stomptown on February 28, 2013, 12:43:17 AM

On the Lumberg data sheet, the center pin is listed as only 2.0 mm, which is odd since 2.1mm is the standard.

Really? That's no bueno! I'll have to mess with some of my builds and see if I will be having any issues. I have about 8 more of those in my stock. Ugh! :( The ones from Bitcheslovemyswitches claim to be 2.1 and are way cheaper than the lumbergs so maybe I'll have to try some of those...

Bonzai lists those jacks as 2.1 mm center pin so maybe we should let them know that they are actually 2mm...

Well, I double checked the data sheet and it does seem to say 2.0mm.

For what it's worth, I've used them with no issues at all.  I need to actually measure the pin to see where it is at.  My calipers won't fit and I don't feel like cross-sectioning one, so I will have to measure it some other way.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Stomptown

Quote from: pickdropper on March 01, 2013, 12:02:09 AM
Quote from: Stomptown on February 28, 2013, 12:43:17 AM

Well, I double checked the data sheet and it does seem to say 2.0mm.

For what it's worth, I've used them with no issues at all.  I need to actually measure the pin to see where it is at.  My calipers won't fit and I don't feel like cross-sectioning one, so I will have to measure it some other way.

I'm wondering if the European 9VDC plugs are more sensitive to the .1mm difference than the ones I buy here in the U.S. because I've never had an issue either. Just a thought...

davent

Mode, part number 31-134M-0

http://www.mode-elec.com/Products/dc_plugs_jacks(26).pdf

If you're in Canada Electrosonic stock them, (also great prices on Hammond enclosures), they do ship to the states. Have a local, literally, dad and daughter electronics shop that also stock them, not cheap there but in a pinch...

http://www.e-sonic.com/acc/home.aspx

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?