News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cave dweller question

Started by Matt, February 23, 2013, 06:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Is their any way to kill the dry signal on the cave dweller?
Matt

DutchMF

I'm no expert, but you'd probably have to cut a trace....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

hammerheadmusicman

^if that is true, couldn't you hook that trace up to a switch? Give you both options..
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

jimilee

Technically you could but then you have to have a way to solder wires to a trace. Wonder if you couldn't just add a switch to an existing path somewhere like at a resistor.(edit) now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure there is a mix knob mod somewhere here, I wonder if you could modify that with a switch
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Matt

I searched "cave dweller mix" in the forum but I couldn't find anything.  Anyone know if and how this can be done?
Matt

DutchMF

Check this out: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=4836.0, that might help a little. Also, there is a mix mod in the docs, but that is only for the CDII. If you really want to be sure, contact Brian, he'll know!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Matt

Quote from: DutchMF on February 24, 2013, 08:05:24 AM
Check this out: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=4836.0, that might help a little. Also, there is a mix mod in the docs, but that is only for the CDII. If you really want to be sure, contact Brian, he'll know!

Paul

I found the cave dweller II before but I hadn't found the link you posted so thank you for that!

Unfortunately, unless im reading that wrong, it doesn't seem like it will help.  Those mods control the level of the delayed notes not the dry signal. 

I'll have to contact Brian like you said and see if their is any way to eliminate the dry signal from the output.
Matt

jimilee

Also, if you want another building, Rej has the De Profundis with a mix knob already. Also gpcb has got the paramix.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Matt

Quote from: jimilee on February 24, 2013, 04:41:13 PM
Also gpcb has got the paramix.
This is basically what I had in mind.  When I was building the cave dweller, I used a 47n cap instead of the 4.7n.  The repeats were very dark, which I liked but the dry signal was also really dark.  That I didn't like.  So I thought I could eliminate the dry signal from the output of the delay and use a mixer of some sort for the dry signal.
Matt

midwayfair

Grab an audio probe and probe the pins of the PT2399. One of them, I think pin 13 or 12, is JUST the delayed signal. You'd have to basically switch the output cap so it connects there instead of Pin 14.

Matt

Quote from: midwayfair on February 24, 2013, 05:16:15 PM
Grab an audio probe and probe the pins of the PT2399. One of them, I think pin 13 or 12, is JUST the delayed signal. You'd have to basically switch the output cap so it connects there instead of Pin 14.
12 it is.  Thank you sir!
Matt