News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what should my next build be?

Started by danwelsh, February 20, 2013, 02:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwelsh

Hi guys. Im just lookin for tips on what my next build should be....  i like playing zeppelin, evh, and anything r&r.  I have a gibson lp studio with p90s and play through a marshall mg30fx.... i just built a bmp from guitarpcb and have a r2g2 and mastadon fuzz boards on the way ( putting in one enclosure)..... what boards from here will compliment what i have coming and already built? FYI  id like to do a 3in1. Thanks in advance for any/all replies ;D

midwayfair

Quote from: danwelsh on February 20, 2013, 02:42:13 AM
Hi guys. Im just lookin for tips on what my next build should be....  i like playing zeppelin, evh, and anything r&r.  I have a gibson lp studio with p90s and play through a marshall mg30fx.... i just built a bmp from guitarpcb and have a r2g2 and mastadon fuzz boards on the way ( putting in one enclosure)..... what boards from here will compliment what i have coming and already built? FYI  id like to do a 3in1. Thanks in advance for any/all replies ;D

Hard to pick just a few Madbean projects, because Brian has so many great ones, but:

Pepper Spray is pretty rock and roll -- I like it best with OA126 diodes, but you can use a silicon instead and it'll get close. It's one of my favorite fuzzes and super easy to build.

It's tough to beat the Kingslayer for an overdrive.

If you build a Fatpants, you can pair it with a delay for an echoplex-y thing. That would make a good multipedal. There is a wealth of great delays around right now ...

Also, the Bliovator would compliment ... anything.

Stig

If you wanna go zeppelin, I think the fatpants is almost impossible to avoid. This due to jimmy page using an echoplex to color his tone and the fatpants are a descendant of the echoplex preamp. It sounds really nice because it saturates your signal in a really pleasing way.

pedalman

Build a Pasty Face get 2 PCB's so you can do a Sola Mk II & Soulbender
might as well get a Smoothie and add it to the bender that you prefer
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.