News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kingslayer

Started by AllenM, February 25, 2013, 01:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllenM

Just finished this one up.. started last night and did the enclosure work and boxing today... love the sound but not really hearing any real differences when I use the clip switch.. I even took the diodes out and sounded the same.. the OD switch I can hear a change. Also I have Red LEDs as one set of clippers and they do light up so I know they are getting sound.. anyways I will keep toying with it...

And so we begin.. instructions (check), parts (check), 12 pack of coke (check)...

now that was'nt to bad (need to order smaller 1uf.. made things a little tight)

Now for the enclosure.. yeah I can't seem to win when it comes to measuring these.. need to work on that!

And boxed up and labeled.. yeah i need to figure some sort of art work too.. lol

and of course the gut shot!

and finally rock'n it out with my recent booster build.. loving this tone!!

AllenM

jimilee

When you put a bunch of plain enclosures with black labels together,it takes on a life of it's on. No brand is your brand. Nice work,loves the enclosure style too.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

You're a brave man, having all your different value resistors lying around like that! I'm always very careful to only have one value out of it's bag at a time, and put them all back before I open another...

What voltage rating were those 1uF box caps? I like the nonstandard enclosure!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Quote from: alanp on February 25, 2013, 03:50:31 AM
You're a brave man, having all your different value resistors lying around like that! I'm always very careful to only have one value out of it's bag at a time, and put them all back before I open another...

He's prolly one of those smart builders what can read resistors by their stripes.me? I'm a solder by numbers guy!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Stomptown

Nicely done! I love the enclosure choice for this one. Jimilee is right too. Altogether thats a kick ass looking board...

AllenM

Quote from: alanp on February 25, 2013, 03:50:31 AM

Actually I pull them from the bins and bag up each project so I can figure which parts I am missing then when everything is in I meter the resistors real quick and stick them in an extra project board based on there number.. R1 = 1 etc.. so once I get started building it goes pretty quick :)

the 1uf are 100v.. not sure why I ordered them that high.. reordering them and a couple other values in a lower voltage..

I guess you guys are right and once I get my board finished I will post a picture.. should end up all diy exec pt for the tuner.

AllenM

Stomptown

I just noticed you have a tri-boost on your board. BYOC right? I sold mine a while back and wish I didn't...

AllenM

I never really used boost or other dirt pedals in the past.. I guess the amps I used were not pedal friendly but now I play thru a Marshall JVM 410C and that little extra sparkle I get from the different pedals is amazing.. so now I am building different flavors of boost and other dirt types to see what I like before settling on my final board.. and I have to say the BYOC Fet Preamp is one of my favorite pedals at the moment.. it really adds just the right push to my signal.

AllenM

DutchMF

Very nice build dude, and cool to see someone else getting in on the trapezoid enclosures, they rock!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

ch1naski

I've been thinking about getting a couple of those funky Hammond enclosures. This cements the deal.
Looks great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.