News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

one last 3205 dirtbag question

Started by octa805, February 19, 2013, 10:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

octa805

built up, love it, lots of fun so far. I'm still trying to figure it out so I have some minor questions for ya

from what I've read it sounds like most of these have bit of white noise/hiss in the background?

I'm fine w/ that just want to make sure that's normal.

also the overall voice seems to be a bit darker than my Memory Boy. again, totally fine just want to make sure that everything is normal there.

when people say they get 500ms of delay........how does one measure that?

also, what settings give you the max delay? I mean, yea, I get that if you crank the delay knob full over you get max but you need some feedback & blend in there to get repeats and the fun stuff we associate with echo/delays

last thing is that when comparing the strength of my repeats to other delays I have they seem to fade off a bit faster on my d-bag. that normal or can it be tweaked with the internal trimpots?

thank you very much!

octa805

hey dudes. dragging this back up.

I still love my dirtbag but it sure does get hissy and a bit overdriven.

can I bias that out somehow or is this just how it is for a 3205?

thansk!

octa805

Hi again,

So, I did more research and read this:

The threshold and release of the compressor is just not great and I have not found any way around that. But, with very careful (and minute) tweaking of GAIN1 and GAIN2 you can get very acceptable results. There will still be some hiss with very soft notes and long delay times. As I stated in the other thread this is exactly the case in the Memory Boy.

which came from this post:   http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=3366.0

When bean talks about threshold  is that referring to the amount of signal that is passed before distorting? That is how I interpreted it.

And release--does that mean how long it takes for the note you played to be processed and output by the d-bag?

Thanks