News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

You know it's going to be one of those days....

Started by pickdropper, February 11, 2013, 10:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

.....when you carefully solder a 100 pin micro controller only to realize once you've finished that pin one isn't correctly oriented.  Damn.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GermanCdn

That.  Sucks.  I thought I was having a bad day when I forgot to solder Pin 1 on a 2399 which made my delay DOA, but you sir have that beat every which way.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jubal81

At least on the bright side you noticed before you powered everything up ...

And BTW 100 pins???? Daaammmittt, what crazy improbabilty box are you going to drop on us next?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

eldanko

Knowing your skills, you could probably design a time machine to zip back and warn yourself in the same time it'd take to de-solder that...
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

pickdropper

Quote from: culturejam on February 11, 2013, 11:58:29 PM
Time for the hot air gun.  ;D

Already done.  Lost a couple of caps along the way, but no big deal.  The real problem is that I need to remove board mounted hardware to get the right angle to resolder the micro processor in.  It's entirely fixable but a stupid mistake.
Function f(x)

pickdropper

Quote from: jubal81 on February 11, 2013, 10:19:45 PM
At least on the bright side you noticed before you powered everything up ...

And BTW 100 pins???? Daaammmittt, what crazy improbabilty box are you going to drop on us next?

It's not actually pedal related.  It's a work screw-up.
Function f(x)

wgc

Back in my repair operator days, I used to routinely get 10s of pcb's just like that because someone loaded a pick and place tray 180 out.  BGAs, fie pitch, etc.   :-\. I feel your pain, but not too bad with the right tools!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

pickdropper

Quote from: wgc on February 12, 2013, 01:01:21 AM
Back in my repair operator days, I used to routinely get 10s of pcb's just like that because someone loaded a pick and place tray 180 out.  BGAs, fie pitch, etc.   :-\. I feel your pain, but not too bad with the right tools!

Yeah, big oops if you load the P&P wrong.

Pulling off the PIC wasn't so bad.  Putting it back on is more difficult as I am not planning on reflowing or using the heat gun.  Getting it resoldered will happen it is just an unnecessary annoyance.
Function f(x)