News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mini Stoner (Pickdropper Mini Muffin content)

Started by juansolo, February 06, 2013, 06:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Mini Stoner

Built on Pickdropper's Mini Muffin PCB.

This is a rather special UltraStoner. Not only is it incredibly wee, considering it's substantial output. But it also features some scavenged nigh on perfect gain Japanese transistors that sound utterly spectacular. They are the closest thing we've heard to an original Skreddy ? Lady's transistors yet.

Sadly we only have enough to make two and they're both ours.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

midwayfair

Awesome work, John. Got my board last week, just haven't had time to build it yet.

DutchMF

This looks amazing! So much Fuzzy goodness in such a small enclosure. Those transistors look so smooth, rounded corners and all, that's probably why it sounds so good!  ;) BTW: what happened to C15 on this build?

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

juansolo

C15 isn't really needed on this one, and as we didn't have one, it didn't get one ;)

Cleggy actually populated this board (gotta give him props). The one I did will end up in the next one I build which he's getting. It's missing a tant and we haven't done the enclosure for that yet. Rather than wait a couple more weeks for a delivery, we decided to get this one done.

nzCdog

Man that's tidy... and tiny :o  Looks like you put a bit of insulation on the collector legs?

juansolo

Legs needed crossing, so a bit of insulation around the middle leg.

Hangingmonkey

Nice close up pic. Where do you get the mini resistors and the brown caps from. I usually get most of my parts from bitsbox but they dont have anything like those.

juansolo

Farnell or CPC (which is also Farnell... You have to try both to find out which is cheaper) or Tayda.