News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3PDT with BiColor LED

Started by AllenM, February 07, 2013, 09:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllenM

Hey guys.. wanted to design a PCB for my looper projects and wanted to have the ability to use BiColor LEDs on some loops to signal things like A/B or Tuner Mute.. etc.

So I saw a 3PDT PCB that had a setup for BiColor LEDs but it appeared that there was no grounding of the FX input during bypass and I have read that it is recommended.

So I came up with this (excuse my MS paint.. Im at work) and it looks like it would cover all the bases.

AllenM

aballen

I don't think this will work, you are simply bridging the anode to the cathode of the LED.  How will current get to the LED?

midwayfair

Quote from: aballen on February 07, 2013, 10:02:58 PM
I don't think this will work, you are simply bridging the anode to the cathode of the LED.  How will current get to the LED?

Look again.

Op: that's correct, as long as your LED specifies common anode.

AllenM

Yeah the LED part of the drawing can be confusing.. basically I wanted to keep the TB section on two poles and verify it was working and leave the 3rd pole open for LED switcing.

So my next step is to download and learn Eagle so I can design the PCB. I figure this type of project would be a good starter.

Thanks guys!

AllenM

aballen

I thought the middle anode was being connected to the gnd lug  :-[

I see what you are saying now... in fact I may use this layout.

You could also move the right row to the left side and connect the two gnd pins to make the wiring easier.

AllenM

The final PCB version I want to move the LED section to the middle like you are saying so the other connections will easier to access and flow with the wiring in the pedal.

Downloading Eagle tonight and hoping that over the weekend I can figure it out.. will post my results.

AllenM