News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BJFe.org Folk Boost/Buffer Project -- The Cherry Buster

Started by cajone5, February 03, 2013, 11:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajone5

At long last, my Cherry Buster is finally complete -- although I put the wrong date inside   ::)

It's an always on buster with variable input and output impedance along with a boost.  The controls, left to right, are input Z, boost (bigger knob), output Z.  It was a group project on the BJFe forums that I helped set up along with help from Bjorn on the circuit design, Donner on enclosures and a friend, Bill, on board layout. I sourced boards and parts for "kits" for several folks and did the build docs.  If anyone might be interested in boards I have a few extras (I need to ship a few more out to folks who expressed interest way back when that I just now realized I never shipped  ??? yikes) and I can post the build docs.  I will post something in the FS forum soon when I figure out how many I have left.

Anyway, it was definitely a lot to fit in one box but I'm really happy with how it all worked out.  Pretty clean although it could probably be cleaner -- I'm used to having more space to work with.  Anyway, here it is in all its glory.  Gonna get a spot at the front of the chain if/when I ever wire up my board

Boost off (RED)

Boost on (BLUE)

chromesphere

Nice build! I like the white hand writting on the front! 
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.