News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Roadrage, Faultline & Pork Barrel

Started by fendman, January 23, 2013, 09:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fendman

Hi, having seen a few builds being done lately... the 2 in 1 enclosure syndrome, I  am interested in putting a Faultline, Pork Barrel  and Roadrage in the same enclosure.

Can anyone do me a schematic to illustrate how I can do it???  I want to be able to switch it so I just have the Faultline seperate as well.

I have an idea how to do it...But.. Hmmm,  I don't want to mess up the builds, I would rather have  somebody with a bit more experience on pedals just to nudge me in the right direction... Thanks.

jimilee

It's really quite simple in that you build 2 pedals independently,take the out of one effect to the in of the next effect where your jacks would normally be. What are going to do with the roadrage?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

fendman

Hmmm, the Roadrage is the part that is bothering me.  Its for the Faultline, the docs say its Vol and Gain is better with 18v so I built the Faultline with that in mind all caps are 25v and some 63v.

I was thinking taking 9v from the Dc jack to the Roadrage which generates 18v which then goes to the Faultline... that would all be on bypass SW1 

Then take 9v from the DC jack to the Pork Barrel  which would be on Bypass SW2.

I have found a diagram for wiring two fx in one box so does all that sound feasible??

LaceSensor

just take a 9v tap from the roadrage to the other PCB...
mind you the pork barrel, if you can get MN3007 chip, sounds much better at 15v...

Id be tempted to run the Faultline at 18v, but have another tap going to a second 15v regulator on a bit of vero to power the pork barrell

ignore this if you are building the 3207 pork...

LaceSensor

This is how I would do it

optional 15v in pink...

fendman

What am I like...Duh, I have built the Pork Barrel with the Mn3007 so  your diagram will sort everything out.
I take it the extra 15v reg will help with the current draw ...meaning I shouldn't try and run both fx with one Roadrage even when it has 18v and 15v outputs.

Well thanks very much for your time on this Lace...Appreciated :)

LaceSensor

Quote from: fendman on January 24, 2013, 04:13:58 PM
What am I like...Duh, I have built the Pork Barrel with the Mn3007 so  your diagram will sort everything out.
I take it the extra 15v reg will help with the current draw ...meaning I shouldn't try and run both fx with one Roadrage even when it has 18v and 15v outputs.

Well thanks very much for your time on this Lace...Appreciated :)

Not sure, I assumed you used on or the other out 15/18v not both... Could be wrong...
Check the current draw of the fx you are boxing, might be fine...

fendman

Eventually have got the Faultline working...one of the Fet's Q6 was defunkt and there were one or two solder bridges, anyway I measured the current draw to be 7.8 milliamps, so that will leave me 12milliamps for the Pork Barrel .

I am waiting for some parts so when I get them I will see what the current draw is on the Pork barrel..unless anyone knows.

Current Draw might be a good addition to have on Build pdf  it is useful if you are thinking of putting builds together and using the Roadrage.