News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Deluxe Overdrive

Started by Hangingmonkey, January 27, 2013, 03:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangingmonkey

Thought id share some completed pics of my current project.
Its 3 od pedals and an SHO boost - marshall guvnor, voodoo labs sparkledrive and the rockbox boiling point. All done on vero.
A 4p3t switch is used to switch between pedals and theres an led indicating which od is selected.
The output signal then goes to a SHO boost which is switch offable.
All works apart from the SHO boost but thats a job for another day.

Heres some pics ....

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

wolfingsworth

That is awesome! I love the rotary switch to select the OD. Where did you find the layout (or schem) for the sparkledrive? I had someone ask me to build one for him, and I had to decline as I couldn't find a verified layout. Isn't it pretty much an 808 with a clean blend?

midwayfair

Great idea with the rotary ... and of course congrats on finishing such a massive undertaking.

The panel layout/graphic is also super well-done. It's a lot of controls to get everything so clearly labeled.

lincolnic

Very nice! Reminds me of some kind of hi-fi gear from the 80s.

Hangingmonkey

Thanks for your kind words.
I have read that the sparkledrive is similar to a ts but i wouldnt know from the schematic, im still learning about electronics. I used the vero layout on tagboard effects and it worked fine without any problems.
Im gonna test this out properly today, had to run it at real low volumes as i finished it at 3am last night.

stevie1556

That is absolutely epic! Love the layout of the controls!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

Hangingmonkey

Thanks mate.
Wolfingsworth, this was the schematic i used for the sparkledrive

murdog47

wolfingsworth

Thanks! That blog is pretty extensive. I guess I need to buy a pallet of vero board :)

MattOcaster

Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

nzCdog

Woah thats insane!  Great build man, love the concept and execution... looks sweet 8)