News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PPP 3pdt pcb

Started by billstein, August 31, 2013, 05:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billstein

Just ordered a few 3pdt boards from PPP. Anybody try them? The holes are to small to fit in the lugs of the stomp switch. Is there a reason why?

hoodoo

Somebody correct me if i'm wrong, but i think they are for 3pdt toggle switches, to change effect order, etc. Matt.

billstein

Did some more looking around and think I've figured it out. It's probably for their PCB mount 3pdt switches. Actually a very cool solution for tight spaces.

alanp

I'm not a huge fan of how they've just labelled the pads 1 to 8.

It reminds me of a lecture from my woodwork teacher a couple decades ago -- if you don't put down length of whatever, width of whatever, and what units it's in for an equation you're doing, you are just adding and subtracting some random numbers, not numbers pertaining to something concrete. (He put it better, though.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

ChrisM

Quote from: alanp on August 31, 2013, 07:39:55 AM
I'm not a huge fan of how they've just labelled the pads 1 to 8.

It reminds me of a lecture from my woodwork teacher a couple decades ago -- if you don't put down length of whatever, width of whatever, and what units it's in for an equation you're doing, you are just adding and subtracting some random numbers, not numbers pertaining to something concrete. (He put it better, though.)
What's weirder is how they have actually limited you to 8 pads. Look there is only pads for 1-7.

What if you do want to use that other (8th) pad.... Things won't look so neat...