News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Which FLUX remover do you use?

Started by electricstorm, January 10, 2013, 03:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electricstorm

I finished off some really good flux remover that I had for several years, actually forgot I still had it. The label is unreadable on it except for saying flux cleaner on it. Can't make out the brand, but I remember it was discontinued a long time ago (who knows why?!?). Anyway, I ordered some MG Chemicals Heavy Duty Flux remover and some more hog's hair brushes. I had used some 60/40 rosin-core solder and some 62/36/2 rosin-core silver solder (Radio Shack). The heavy duty flux remover removes the flux, but leaves a very sticky residue on the boards that I can't seem to remove.

So, what do you guys use to remove flux and have a pretty clean board and where do you purchase it from?

Thanks,

Jim
ElectricStorm

No current affiliations

Lovetone Flanger  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3v4twi2sbs0l5p7/1Ep9NbRE2T

davent

Stainless steel dental pick followed by a short stiff-bristled, dry brush. Cooled flux pops off when prodded with the pick and the brush takes care of the flakes and dust.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

pickdropper

There's two brands I use: one is Chemtronics and the other I forget but is from the Ecoline series.  Both are available at Techni-Tool.

The Chemtronics has a brush attachment on the nozzle, which is useful.  The Ecoline one doesn't but puts a lot more liquid in the can, so it's a better deal.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper