News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

pcb drills

Started by jeffaroo, January 09, 2013, 12:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffaroo

has anybody seen those pcb drills on ebay ?
man...those asians are hard-core !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-Small-PCB-Drill-Press-Drilling-With-0-8mm-Drill-Diameter-28mm-Motor-Diameter-/290717399541?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b01b79f5

it might double as a damn tattoo gun !
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

alanp

Nice idea, but as with handheld drills, if you can't get rid of the slightest sideways force, the 0.8mm bit will break (just like when you have it in a drill press, and you're holding the board while the cat scratches you HARD in demand for food.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jeffaroo

THATS WHEN YOU DIP THE TIP IN INK AND CHASE AFTER THE CAT !

OH GOSH, I DIDNT MEAN TO OFFEND ANYBODY. THAT WOULD BE POLLITICALLY INCORRECT TO TATTOO A CAT, OH MY ! ! !

GermanCdn

Dude, seriously give the pc thing a break. I'll pull out my soapbox for a minute. This forum is for pedal building, and most of us use it as an escape from stress of daily life ; I know I do.  If you have something positive to contribute, by all means have at er.  I have met some of the most interesting people on this forum, and it's an enriching place to be.  And no, I am not advocating sticking our collective heads in the sand or other places, but if you want to talk politics there are millions of forums for you to do it on, there's only about a dozen sites like this, and this is by far the best.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

pickdropper

Quote from: GermanCdn on January 09, 2013, 04:56:37 AM
Dude, seriously give the pc thing a break. I'll pull out my soapbox for a minute. This forum is for pedal building, and most of us use it as an escape from stress of daily life ; I know I do.  If you have something positive to contribute, by all means have at er.  I have met some of the most interesting people on this forum, and it's an enriching place to be.  And no, I am not advocating sticking our collective heads in the sand or other places, but if you want to talk politics there are millions of forums for you to do it on, there's only about a dozen sites like this, and this is by far the best.

A while back on a different forum, a sensitive political topic came up and it ended up doing nothing but dividing people in two groups: those who thought this thing was right and those who thought it was wrong.  In the end, some folks who previously liked each other ended up having very negative viewpoints of each other.  The funny thing was that the forum had nothing to do with the sensitive political topic.  It really accomplished nothing and took a bit of the cool, mellow atmosphere that made the place wonderful (to add to GermanCdn's point).

Sometimes people can't say what is on their mind because of political correctness.  Other times, they don't say what is on their mind because there are better forums for that.

I don't find this place overly politically correct.  I am sure we all have our opinions on things.  On this forum, we just choose to argue about the important issues such as Weller v. Hakko and Switchcraft v. Neutrik.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

alanp

Well, we survived the great Gibson/Fender divide, but I don't want to test our luck toooo much...
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

pickdropper

Quote from: alanp on January 09, 2013, 05:14:38 AM
Well, we survived the great Gibson/Fender divide, but I don't want to test our luck toooo much...

That one's still simmering.  Don't be fooled.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jeffaroo

all i did was make a comment on a rainbow multi-meter and the sensor police came out. all i was saying was if you want to teach a child, use the traditional red / black. not rainbow

spaceboss

Quote from: jeffaroo on January 09, 2013, 05:18:03 AM
all i did was make a comment on a rainbow multi-meter and the sensor police came out. all i was saying was if you want to teach a child, use the traditional red / black. not rainbow

Peeing in someone else's pool is bad form.

BraindeadAudio

Ignite the debate, New fender are better than New Gibson, but vintage Gibson is better than Vintage fender. Granted, price vs guitar, why the hell would anyone waste money on a new gibson or fender when a vintage piece can be had for the same or less money?!?!?

jimilee

Well what does that drill hook to? it looks like a tip nd motor for something bigger
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jeffaroo

it is a drill chuck on one end and a set-collet on the other to put on a small motor
just imagine ! no drinking on drill day !