News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wah mod and Sea Urchin build

Started by jtn191, December 23, 2012, 02:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtn191

Man, it's been a while since I've been on the forum. Anyways, here's what I've been up to:
This is a 70's "Thomas International Corp" cry baby I found on Ebay w/ coveted TDK inductor. The sweep/Q was fairly shallow so I drilled some holes and put in pots for the following controls "growl/low end" (biases first transistor), "midrange/vocal/extra mud", "Q", and pregain. Sounds pretty watery, throaty, I like it a lot. I'm thinking about putting in a sweep cap switch and buffer...
These mods make me wanna make a FF or Big Muff with a bunch of extra controls like the Beavis "labs"

Sea Urchin/Deep Blue Delay. I love delay and I finally got around to boxing this after a long time...will probably paint it soon. Love it!

nzCdog

Nice to have the tweaking options on the outside of the wah... but man you got balls drilling out that vintage pedal! Just sayin.   8)

jtn191

lol yeah I questioned it a few times before doing it
I tried out some temporary mods first, got it for fairly cheap, am happy with the mods, and learned a lot more about the wah circuit!

ch1naski

I have a Thomas with tdk inductor also. Would love to see a gut shot of your wah. Sounds like a pretty cool bunch of mods.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.