News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Christmas Build #4 - Velva Echo - Cave Dweller

Started by eldanko, January 07, 2013, 04:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

Ok, so I wasn't able to get all of my Christmas present builds done before the big day... but my rhythm guitarist was still quite happy to get this one.  To explain the artwork...

I hate clowns (as most decent people do these days).  In our Christmas production at church last year, there was a woman playing a clown role who claimed to be a massage therapist.  Between services, this clown (who called herself "Velva" and would not give us her real name) noted that our hands must be tired after playing for so many hours and proceeded to grab my bandmate's hand and begin massaging it.  I can honestly say that a clown massage looks exactly as disturbing as you might think it would.  The bassist and I watched in horror until it was over, and have made fun of our friend for this encounter ever since.

So, when it came time to decide on the artwork for his delay, I figured I would build him a permanent reminder of that fateful day.  I'm just that good of a friend.

Oh yeah, what it sounds like... I'm actually impressed with this little fellow... it's absolutely wonderful for volume swells, and makes a great little slapback as well.  Mine oscillates pretty early in the "dwell" sweep (probably need to swap in some different PT2399s until I find a particularly good one), and it also seems to dampen the clean tone a bit when on - perhaps this is intentional?

SmallBear was out of 5mm pots in the required value, so I used their 9mm "mini" pots instead.  They're so darn cute.... like 16mm pots had babies.

www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense