News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Road Rage 03.2012 w/o sag control?

Started by venom02, January 03, 2013, 10:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

venom02

Hi everyone
I'm quite new to electronics and so far I've built some pedals just following the instructions and paying attention not to screw up everything

I would like to build the upcoming buzzaround + road rage voltage inverter, but I'm not keen on adding the sag pot.
the question is: which components can i skip to get just the voltage inverter? I really dunno :)
Thanks

hammerheadmusicman

you can just set the 'sag' trimmer, to 'not sag' and just leave it.. if your not after sag.
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

venom02

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on January 03, 2013, 10:42:00 AM
you can just set the 'sag' trimmer, to 'not sag' and just leave it.. if your not after sag.

can I just leave the trimmer without the pot or it has to be added anyway?

DutchMF

The way to do this is connect your effect to the -9V and Ground pads on the RoadRage. You can leave the Sag trimpot entirely of the RoadRage board. If you do want to sag, add the pot and use the Sag and Ground pads, and ignore the -9V pad. The most flexible sollution would be to add the trimpot, connect your effect to the Sag pad, and turn the trimpot completely counter-clockwise. This gives you -9V, plus the opportunity to experiment with the Sag control later, have your cake and eat it to!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

venom02

Quote from: DutchMF on January 03, 2013, 01:14:15 PM
The way to do this is connect your effect to the -9V and Ground pads on the RoadRage. You can leave the Sag trimpot entirely of the RoadRage board. If you do want to sag, add the pot and use the Sag and Ground pads, and ignore the -9V pad. The most flexible sollution would be to add the trimpot, connect your effect to the Sag pad, and turn the trimpot completely counter-clockwise. This gives you -9V, plus the opportunity to experiment with the Sag control later, have your cake and eat it to!!

Paul

thanks for the infos. This build would be a gift for a guitarist friend and not intended for additional experimenting; I think I just won't mount the trimpot and close the box once for all when completed ;)

DutchMF

In that case, maybe an external Sag control might be a good idea? Brian suggests this in the RR docs, only two wires, easy to wire up. Gives your mate a bit more control over his tone, something all guitarists like... Anyway, enjoy the build, hope your friend likes it!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"