News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Best Mudbunny for bass?

Started by hammerheadmusicman, January 07, 2013, 09:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammerheadmusicman

Any of you guys have an opinion on which mudbunny variations (either on the build doc, or any others), for bass guitar?

Thanks

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

icecycle66

I really like my Green Russian.

hammerheadmusicman

That's what i was thinking, after seeing some vids of the original.

irmcdermott

I love the Green Russian, you can also build in a Clean Blend into it. I've been wanting to do that with mine for a while.

GhostofJohnToad

A friend had an original green Russian.  I played bass in his band and I got to use it on a few songs.  My absolute favorite for bass.  It had balls where other fuzzes sounded thin.

whitebread47

Just built a Green Russian style Muff for a local bass player.  I started out thinking I would fool with some cap values and such to optimize it for bass, but everything I read told me that bass players love Green Russians so I went with conventional wisdom on that one.
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

jimilee

I'm really digging my blues breaker clone. I was looking for that 70's distortion sound bassists used to get back in the  day.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

hammerheadmusicman

I was thinking Green Russian anyway!

I was thinking of putting a booster in front of it to make it a bit more crazy! As he want another setting for 'more' if possible..

Maybe an SHO? Something low parts count/work ;)

Thanks again dudes!

George

juansolo

Mayo with germ clippers in the first stage.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

hammerheadmusicman

He has settled on a green Russian I think, but I was going to build a mayo for myself, as I have just ordered a couple of those proto 1590a muff boards.. Mini mayo here we come (Light Mayo perhaps..)

G

Edit: and I have some Russian Ge's on the way, which I had no idea what of use them for! So I guess that's settled that one!