News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

cheap guitar speakers.

Started by atreidesheir, December 26, 2012, 02:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

I'm good for an 8" speaker and I'll see if I can't round up any others.  I'll eat the shipping too, since it's a good cause.  PM me with shipping info if you want it.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

TNblueshawk

Now this is what I was talking about !! Wish I could contribute something.

John

T-diddy

I can ship you out a 12 inch speaker, its a no name 60's ceramic, that actually sounds really good.  It was in my Mesa studio .22 when I bought the combo used.  PM me your address, and I will ship it to you.  Thanks for doing what you are doing.

T

atreidesheir

PM received.
I have been at the in-laws' in the booneys for a couple of days.  NO cell phone or www for a while.  It was actually a nice change of pace.
I am overwhelmed by the response so far.

I had a couple of boring days to think about this dilemma.  Here is what I am thinking is a good idea. 

I begin the lessons next week and they will continue until at least the end of May.  I will continue for about one month, then let's see how many students stick with the program.  I am teaching children between 12 and 18 years old.  I know from past experience many of them will drift away and not continue to attend lessons.  And sometimes students in my afterschool workshops just leave town or move with no notice.  It is simply that the adults in their lives are often transient in ways many more settled people have real trouble understanding (running from bills, rent-jumping, alcohol, drugs, foster home difficulties, etc....).

So I think we should wait and see how many of my children are actually needing amplifiers by the end of January.  The guitars are paid for and the donors get a tax write-off. So that hurdle is jumped.  The local music store gave me a great deal, because the owner wisely said he will see most of them again and sell them multiple times.  I have plenty of parts to build 386amps for 12-15 children.  I have 19 students officially.  Past experience tells me at least 5 or 6 will quit in the first month, and then we will see how many speakers I need.
My father keeps enough scrap wood in his workshop for me to build cabinets. 

I have to say your response has been inspiring for me.  This is such a great place to hang out for a lot of good reasons and good people is the first on the list. 
So please bear with me for 3 or 4 weeks.  I do not want to waste any of our resources.
thanks
charles

Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

gordo

Just let us know. I'm glad to support such a cool cause.

Happy New Year everyone!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jeffaroo

its like Jack Black all over again
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !