News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mammoth Black Friday Sale

Started by GermanCdn, November 23, 2012, 11:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blakemoth

Thanks to everyone who ordered over the weekend. It was a record breaking one, that's for sure.

As for the 'sketchy' pricing increase :
We quickly sold out of our reserved sale stock on those two switches, so we had to jack up the price on those to take them back to pre-sale pricing.

Very sorry for that. We didn't expect to get over 280+ orders in one day, selling out of our reserved sale stock on switches in a matter of hours.

Now that the sale on all switches is over, we've taken pricing back down to normal, which is super low for these incredible switches. We've had a long history with our supplier (over 6 years and counting), tweaking and perfecting all along the way, and we fully stand by these puppies. If you want the long history on our switches, I'd love to indulge you.

gtr2

After not ordering from Mammoth for a while I need to say I was very happy to get a really nice batch of enclosures yesterday.  I've steered away from using them as I had some quality issues in the past with the enclosures as others have as well.

They look great and suffer none of the lack of powdercoat or imperfections that I've experienced in the past.  The lids also fit great and the screws are stainless steel!

Props to Blake and his team for continually improving!

Also, thanks for explaining the switch pricing.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

gingataff

Any idea how long mammoth orders usually take?
I placed mine on the 23rd and it stills says processing.

Perhaps the enclosures are painted and drilled to order rather than off the shelf?

gtr2

I ordered on Friday and received the order yesterday.

You need to check the order status on when you log in on mammoths site.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

blakemoth

Quote from: gingataff on November 29, 2012, 02:23:14 PM
Any idea how long mammoth orders usually take?
I placed mine on the 23rd and it stills says processing.

Perhaps the enclosures are painted and drilled to order rather than off the shelf?

We made a few statements on our Facebook page and in some other forums about this issue, but here's the deal:

Black Friday weekend brought in over 600 orders, with around 300 of them coming in on Friday (the 23rd). Then, Cyber Monday hit and we brought in another 200 orders. To give perspective, we normally bring in less than a third of this on a given weekend, and that's not including Cyber Monday's numbers.

Needless to say, we're backed up. We've brought in all of our managers, shippers, and even a few friends to help us get these orders out the door, and we've met and exceeded our daily goals for getting the backlog settled - we're breaking records on daily shipped orders. Please shoot an email to James at sales@mammothelectronics.com to get an update on your specific order. I will see to it that any setbacks that may be associated with your order are taken care of immediately.

irmcdermott

Same here. Ordered Friday, got yesterday. They had an error on mine (ordered two 1590BBs in Gold Antique, they sent one BB and one B, no big deal) so just check it. They were slammed with orders and I'm sure Italy be delaying things, which is understandable. Also, I had a separate order I placed Saturday of just their Alpha rotaries, and they let me know yesterday that they are back ordered because they are out of the key washers that go with those. Just email them, they will let you know what's going on.

blakemoth

Quote from: gtr2 on November 29, 2012, 02:11:59 PM
After not ordering from Mammoth for a while I need to say I was very happy to get a really nice batch of enclosures yesterday.  I've steered away from using them as I had some quality issues in the past with the enclosures as others have as well.

They look great and suffer none of the lack of powdercoat or imperfections that I've experienced in the past.  The lids also fit great and the screws are stainless steel!

Props to Blake and his team for continually improving!

Also, thanks for explaining the switch pricing.

Josh

Thanks for the order, Josh! And stay on us about our quality. We want to continue to improve, even if we feel like we're doing the best we've ever done.

Yes, we've made significant changes and developments in our production services (powdercoating, drilling, and even small run custom screenprinting).

aziltz

I took the opportunity to order a whole mess of those black aluminum knobs that c'bread uses at a big discount!

irmcdermott

I'll just say, I've always had good experiences with Blake and his people. On my Black Friday order that I got in yesterday, they made an error and sent one 1590BB and one 1590B in their Gold Antique, when I ordered two 1590BBs in that finish. Got a response first thing today telling me to keep the 1590B and they would get the additional BB out to me no later than tomorrow. That's good service if you ask me.

Effectsiation

Hey Blake, while we've got you on the line here, and in storytelling mode; I was wondering if you could tell us more about your CTS Super Swell ICAR S-Taper 100kC 24mm Pot?

I ordered one and haven't had a chance to install it yet, but I was wondering a few things:

- Is this pot made specifically for you by CTS?
- I see other pots in that same series listed as "Super Swell" also, is that your name for them? or is that CTS's?
- Was there any research done on vintage ICAR/S-Taper pots by you or CTS before offering this one or did they already have an "S" taper pot on file?
- Lastly, what was the impetus for doing the "D-Shaft" style? Just curious on that one.

My question comes about after reading many websites claiming that CTS just uses basically a regular reverse audio "C" taper for any ICAR/S-Taper pots they do, and then after seeing the 100kC designation on your pot, made me think this is probably the case here too.

blakemoth

We can't give out supplier information, but we do have our Superswell pots made to our specifications based on the curve of the taper that we wanted. We did carry a CTS version before we got these in. There are several different 'ICAR' tapers (sometimes referred to as an 'S' taper) and while ours are similar to those out on the market, we liked the curve of our pot more. As far as the shaft, we found it was much easier to install than the knurled pinion.

marmaliser

Just got my second mammoth order in the UK and got stung for handling (£8) + Vat (£3.50) on a $26 order...Damm.  Mammoth put the actual value on the box so importers be careful.

DutchMF

Well, I'm still waiting on an order placed on the 23rd.... Contacted the sales staff and they said it could be up to 8 weeks (!) for international orders..... so much for the free shipping. The thing is, I had it shipped to my work, because there is always someone to accept the package, whereas at home, there's nobody during the daytime. And the company I work for closes down for the next two weeks because of the holidays....... I do hope they return the package to sender if they can't deliver it.....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

jeffaroo

they had problems with a strike at the port. thay had a huge order sitting at the dock and couldnt unload the damn boat. strike is over, my order was delayed maybe 2 weeks. can you track a international order?
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !